Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 2... kinda

So today is day number 2 of homeschooling. We went to the beach!!! It was super fun, and we had an awesome time with friends. Girls had a great time, and behaved.... mostly.
Today we got done the rest of our reading from yesterday, and a lot of math. Shes really enjoying math since at home shes allowed to use those little snap together cubes for counting. When I went to her last parent/teacher conference on monday, I asked her teacher about those cubes and she said (VERY condecendingly) "oh they only use those in kindergarden, in first grade we WRITE it" I mean geez, why does it matter??? Gracie is ASKING to do math, she asked to do math when she woke up this morning. she asked to do math when we got home from the beach... she goes back and forth between using the cubes and the counting bears. I'm so very very greatful! I really think this is going to work. She talks all the time about wanting to be a zoologist (what kid her age doesnt... I did) and with her love for math, its a definate possibility.
I plan on doing at least a little school even over the weekends, and so far (I know its only been two days) I think doing a little at a time throughout the day will work for us. I like things laid back and easy going and not having to stick to a schedule might make it easier. For instance if I see she might need a break we can take a break, watch some tv, go outside, whatever.
I'm still VERY excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment